Open Path Resources is a Minnesota-based nonprofit that serves East African immigrant families and community-led centers by building their capacity to have greater influence upon public policies that affect their current and future interests.
Open Path Resources is a Minnesota-based nonprofit that serves East African immigrant families and faith centers by building their capacity to have greater influence upon public policies that affect their current and future interests.
“There is no light between us – we are all together. Today, we are one community determined to build and protect our democracy”
– Imam Sharif A. Mohamed
Since 2012 we have concentrated our efforts within:
- Development & Accountability of Leadership – Both internally and in our external relationships, we are committed to the ideals of integrity. Our work is principle driven.
- Addressing Health Disparities that commonly impact BIPOC populations in Minnesota. Working directly with large and small healthcare systems by identifying and addressing opportunities to improve health outcomes for all.
- Mind-Body Medicine that connect research-based skills to address significant personal and social issues related to trauma, isolation, fear, and persistent physical ailments.
- Improving Educational Opportunities for Youth coming from marginalized communities.
- Developing a More Inclusive Chaplaincy Program that fully integrates Muslim faith leaders (men and women) into institutions that utilized chaplains (i.e. hospitals, mental health centers, public safety institutions, universities, etc.).
- Developing Community Driven Models of Quality Research that engage and bring voice to marginalized populations.
- Career Development Programs such as exploration of teaching careers for East African American young professionals.